601 Spring Event Center is located in the historic George T. Bishop Building at the intersection of Spring and Milam streets in downtown Shreveport. Our venue — rich with history and tradition — provides the perfect setting for any meeting, reception, celebration or ceremony.
The building was constructed in the early part of the 20th Century and has had several owners and usages. One of the more notable was George T. Bishop, a successful automobile dealer who purchased the property in 1925, named it for himself and luxuriously remodeled it to resemble his Graham Brothers Corporate Offices in Stockton, California. Elegantly refurbished with spectacular coffered ceilings, hand-carved woodwork, inlaid earthenware tiles, bronze chandeliers and solid wood cathedral- style doors, the Bishop Building was impressively opulent for Shreveport.
Ironically, decades later another illustrious occupant of the building was the Ark-La-Tex Antique and Classic Vehicle Museum after which the building in the late 20th Century became known locally as the ‘antique car museum.’